The Conservatorie Mineral Foundation

Monday, December 07, 2009 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I decided to take a chance on The Conservatorie's Foundation Base and Foundation Color Blend.  I bought an ounce of the Premium Base, 1 tsp Premium Plus Base  and 1 tsp Warm Color Blend.   I also bought some silicone gel for $1.50.  So with the sale I spent under $15 including s&h for 30g of foundation. This is a great deal if you don't mind mixing your own custom shade.  It comes out to $.50/g which is about a third of the cost of pre-made foundations from companies that I've previously mentioned.  Bare Escentuals Minerals,you get about 9g for $25 so you'd pay $75 to get what I did for $15.  

I tried the Premium Plus first. I used 1 tsp of it to 1/32 t (little tiny white scoop)of color blend.  I am quite fair for reference. If you are average skintone you may need a scoop and a half.  It's simple to adjust if you use the little spoon for both the base and the color and keep notes.  The Premium Plus has a nice coverage and not heavy at all. The Warm Blend is quite warm so if you are a beige you might need to mix the Cool and Warm or try the Cocoa Blend.  You'll want around a 10g or 20 g jar to put your tsp or two of foundation.

The Silicone Gel is to give one's skin a smooth appearance. I've tried it in the past and didn't notice a difference so I tried it again and nope no difference for me, but others love it.

The one downside to ordering from The Conservatorie is their customer service. They lack greatly in answering any questions you send via email. Very disappointing if you're in a hurry to order and not sure on the colors. I'm so used to the owners of pre-made minerals answering quickly and cheerfully.

This concludes Mineral Monday. 

*You can get 10 small scoops at Coastal Scents for $1.40 so if you plan to order a lot of mica samples, oxides or other ingredients be sure to order from CS. Wonderful prices and fantastic customer service.  They are only lacking in the price of premade bases and I don't think they have color blends. They do offer a free formulator if you wish to make your own.  
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

LiisK said...

I guess u and I are the only ones who have actually reviewed The Conservatorie - your entry was the only one that popped up in google - besides my mica swatches.