Rite Aid 12/19

Saturday, December 19, 2009 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
This past week, maybe it was Monday I received a call from a Rite-Aid manager telling me the sugar in stock. My brain started working overtime trying to figure out what to say throughout the brief conversation.  I did not order sugar and I no longer needed the sugar even though I still had a raincheck tucked neatly away in my binder.  What to say what to do.  


I politely asked if he special ordered those because the cashier informed me he would not when she requested my name and number.  He said, no he didn't, but saw I wanted to ten and wanted to let me know those were now available if I wanted them.  Part of me breathed a sigh of relief and the other part thought I should just go ahead and buy those since he made a special effort to call me, long distance at that. It might help build a nice relationship at that Rite-Aid since I was already not in good graces with one of the shift managers. Can you imagine? lol  So I started hunting down Domino coupons online and offline with a fury.  I found enough for 8; it would have to do.  



Tonight was that night I decided to purchase it along with a few SCR items and use my $5/$20 so it wouldn't cost much oop.  My plan didn't go so well   I even asked twice for help and can't believe she didn't volunteer a third time to help because one would have thought I was casing the joint the way I kept backtracking and exploring all the aisles.  


Mission one find the sugar.  On the way I found the flip remote, last option.  Okay. Next ended up in the shampoo aisle couldn't find the Prell.  Found my pastor from 25yrs ago, but not the Prell.  Had a nice short reunion with her then went back to looking for the Prell.  Asked about the Prell.  Shift Manager shows me the Pert then the empty space for the Prell. sigh  Mental note get raincheck.  


Okay onto the sugar, found the sugar, only 9 boxes, no problem I really didn't want 10 so I took 8. Woohoo matches with my 8 coupons.  


Look for pop up tape to use last week's raincheck.  Out of stock at this store too. BooHoo, but all is not lost.


BeneVia will replace the Prell and tape no problem and give me overage to boot.  Ugh! Can't find it, every supplement, drink, powder, injection you name it, but no BeneVia.  Find Shift Manager and she has no idea what it is; she doesn't find it either.  

Okay now I come to terms with buying the flip remote as the filler that I do not "need", but free after SCR. I try to console myself that it originally cost $23 even though no one in their right mind would buy it at $23.  


Now I just need the Chapstick to reach the $20 mark. Such an easy task; W-R-O-N-G!
The correct Chapstick was no where on the lipcare display. Everything but it was there. Another treasure hunt, yipee.  I, with eyes that express loss and exasperation passed the the Shift Manager that had already helped me twice yet she decided to ignore me. Why is it when you want help no help wants you and when you don't you're followed around being watched?  Finally find it with the cough drops!  I guess that makes sense; coughing, must have chapped lips too. They should have put tissues in that aisle as well if you ask me.



Check out without a hitch. Still need a raincheck, but look over my shoulder and decide to put my purchases in the vehicle first since a few people were behind me.  I do so only to come back in to find the same three customers still waiting on line with no cashier at the counter.  So I decide to "shop" for clearance, passed the same SM as before with no acknowledgement of my presence from her. lol  

I go back up and wait for my turn, find two more customers behind me with one purchase each so I let them go ahead, then my turn and the cashier goes to the shelf for number to fulfill my raincheck, there is yet another person behind me with one item. I decide to it's my turn. LOL  I've never seen this store so busy. I guess I know now not to shop there on a Saturday evening.


Here is what I purchased and spent:
8 Domino 2lb Sugars $7.92 ($2.10q)
1 Flip Remote $9.99
1 Fresh Effects Chapstick $2.99
Total: $22
- $ 5/20
-$2 
OOP $15 (!)
SCRs $10+$3 Cost $2


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: